Welcome to another edition of IntelePeer’s Tech Tuesday series. This week Kim Rusch, Customer Acquisition Regional Director, explains her entry into technology, how it has changed her life, and offers advice for those joining the industry.
1. What first got you interested in working in technology?
I ended up in the tech industry due to my neighbor. She worked for a phone company and thought I would be a great fit. I started as an inside sales/customer service rep for enterprise business accounts and moved to an outside Sales Enterprise Account Manager. The rest has been history.
2. What technology do you use the most – whether in your personal or professional life?
I am amazed at how much technology I use in my everyday life – from my iPhone to my Ring doorbell. If I could only choose one source of technology, I don’t know that I could. I have always been interested in the next evolution of communications.
3. What was the most challenging aspect of your career and how did you overcome it?
I’m not sure that I’ve had challenging aspects, but more like small hills to overcome. Whether it was being a woman in tech sales or continuing to learn the next technology and help my partners sell it to customers.
4. Any advice for women who want to join the tech industry?
Use your strengths. Communication and curiosity have allowed me to succeed in solution selling. Use your personality. Tenacity is a good thing, and it helps you achieve your goals.
5. What advice would you give your younger self who is just starting in the workforce?
Be true to yourself. Have confidence in your knowledge and your abilities.