Vertical Account Executive
Any location or remote
About the position
A field Account Executive is responsible for creating pipeline and closing IntelePeer business. They are responsible for revenue generation via frequent communications within a large and diverse territory assignment and for identifying opportunities. You must be able to apply vertical/industry specific knowledge and experience to bring new business and technology insights to your assigned territory. The representative typically leads complex opportunities and is responsible for winning the business.
Candidates for this role should have proven sales, business, and professional skills, as well as the ability to work with any level of management, including C-Level executives, at their prospects.
- 7+ years in a field sales role, selling SaaS or in a related field.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of selling into transportation, logistics and distribution/supply chain.
- Proven results in transportation, logistics and distribution/supply chain.
- Ability to work deals from beginning to end.
- Experience with prospecting and engaging clients on all levels.
- Ability to manage internal sales tools, experience with Salesforce preferred, but not required.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge in the offerings, along with financial benefits and selling skills, that can be applied to opportunities across the offerings.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the sales processes, techniques, and tools. Examples of this include, but are not limited to, opportunity/territory management, cost justification, solution benefit selling, and social selling.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of competition’s offerings, strategies, and plans.
- Effectively differentiate IntelePeer’s offerings from competitive alternatives and creates customer preference for IntelePeer’s offerings, based on that differentiation.
- Effectively negotiate with multiple levels of customer management, resulting in successful closing of the sale.
- Anticipate complex problems relating to offerings, customer sales engagements, and sales results.
- Successful track-record in building pipeline, growing a territory as well as managing multiple sales related activities daily.
- Work well in a team matrix leveraging extended team resources and managing resources through each deal.
- Engages, builds relationships and works effectively with influencers to ensure their participation in successful, cost effective achievement of sales objectives.
- Understands SaaS sales and sales of reoccurring revenue models.
- Excellent communication skills with an emphasis in active listening, presentation, oral, and abstract reasoning.
- Outstanding time management skills.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks and be adaptable to change.
- Strong initiative, self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful.
- Team player who is willing to go above and beyond to help others.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field