Any location or remote
About the position
IntelePeer is seeking a User Experience/User Interface Designer who loves to learn and wants to create big things. You will be working alongside our product managers and customer-facing teams to understand customer needs and collaborating closely with development and engineering teams to create useful, usable and beautiful products and features.
As the first UX/UI Designer to join the product development team for our CPaaS platform, you will help us establish a good working process for incorporating design into our development workflow and shape our design practice from the ground up. You will also help us build a design system that will accelerate development and ensure consistency across our platform.
REPORTS TO: Director, Product Management
Create a modern, brand-consistent UI design system to simplify UI implementation and create a consistent look and feel across the platform.
- Create a modern, brand-consistent UI design system to simplify UI implementation and create a consistent look and feel across the platform
- Help develop and establish a design practice within our product development process
- Create, prototype, and validate designs for new features
- Work closely with developers to implement designs and ensure quality, balancing design fidelity with development complexity and value to the customer
- Facilitate user research, problem/product definition, and design
- Empathize with the user and advocate for usability and utility
- Generate insights from UX research that contribute to the product roadmap
- Collaborate with the UX Researcher to plan and develop generative and evaluative research studies as needed
- Translate high-level requirements and use cases from product managers, into detailed process flows, wireframes, and product designs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or commensurate professional experience.
Fill out the form below to apply for this job
Expertise & experience
- 3+ years’ UX/UI experience in SaaS or enterprise applications
- Proficient in use of design and prototyping tools like Figma or Sketch
- Creating and managing UI kits and/or design systems
- Experience with visual design
- Empathy for both the people using your products and the people working alongside you
- Passion for problem-solving
- Advocacy and leadership without formal authority
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive, professional attitude
- Strong initiative, self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Willing and able to accommodate infrequent travel