Sr. Product Manager – Messaging
Denver or remote
About the position
We are seeking an experienced, successful Product Manager who can work closely with Development & Engineering teams to manage our messaging product lifecycle and lead the delivery of new features designed for enterprise users.
This person has a passion for creating and leveraging leading-edge technologies to create complete customer solutions, thrives on getting out into the field to understand customer needs, test new ideas, and evangelize product vision.
As a key member of our product management team, the Product Manager brings hands-on success in technical product delivery and works collaboratively across the organization to help manage and grow the messaging product ecosystem by streamlining customer onboarding, vendor management, pricing, and delivering new and updated features that lead the field in quality and functionality. The Product Manager is responsible for all product life cycle activities related to developing and launching new products and features.
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our team and help drive awareness and adoption of our products. You’ll act as the voice of the customer, be a go-to expert on our products, market, and competitors, and plan and execute GTM activities. You’ll collaborate closely with Product Management, Sales, Software Development, and Marketing to establish positioning and messaging, build product adoption strategies, develop product collateral and thought leadership content, partner on sales enablement activities, and much more.
REPORTS TO: Director Product, Media Services
- Lead requirements collection, product definition, and design
- Conduct competitive research in support of product requirements, pricing, and positioning
- Build, maintain, and communicate the product roadmap
- Work with customers and partner to identify opportunities/gaps in the product
- Partner with Marketing and Sales on positioning, pricing, target customers, and training
- Partner with Development, Engineering, Operations, and Legal to bring new features functionality to the market
- Monitor key product metrics; adjust pricing, strategy, and campaigns as needed; identify, recommend, and implement strategies to improve market position
- Foster and promote a company-wide culture of creativity, innovation, and customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA or Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Formal management and leadership training preferred
Fill out the form below to apply for this job
Expertise & experience
- 5+ years’ experience within the software or communications industry specifically within the messaging space (SMS, What’sApp, Twitter, FBMessenger, Etc)
- 5+ years’ experience in the software or communications industry working cross-functionally and driving definition, development, and launch of leading-edge products
- Demonstrated track record of success: Driving product ideation, innovation, development, and launch using lean and/or agile product development methodologies. Leading product development in a lean, entrepreneurial start-up environment. Meeting or beating targets and deadlines. Influencing and collaborating cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization. Establishing and managing internal and external customer expectations.
- Jira, Salesforce
- Mockup/wireframing tools
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Willing and able to accommodate infrequent travel
- Astute interpersonal relationship management
- Positive, professional attitude; confident, assertive, and tactful communicator
- Quality and customer-service driven to consistently delight customers
- Strong initiative, self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Team player who is willing to go above and beyond to help others
- Strong presentation and persuasion skills
- Proficient in creating product and process documentation
- Solid understanding of business and financial statements