Senior Voice Network Engineer
Denver or remote
About the position
This position may have access to Protected Data
This position has privileged access to IT infrastructure.
IntelePeer powers the new customer experience. Our Atmosphere® CPaaS enables companies to communicate better – driving more revenue, improving their customer experience, and making better business decisions – leveraging omni-channel Automation & Self-Service, AI, and Analytics, all delivered through a single easy-to-use cloud platform that works seamlessly with existing business solutions.
We provide a fast-paced, innovative, and casual environment that people love to work in, designed to broaden a candidate’s professional experiences while promoting self-confidence, accomplishment, and career development.
- Will support all levels of the organization in all matters related to voice architecture, routing and feature functionality. This includes SBC gateway design, voice signaling and media protocol design, network interoperability, including encryption.
- Works on providing solutions and recommendations for use cases and requirements received from Architecture, Product, Software Development and Operations groups.
- Developing and enforcing engineering practices, defining thresholds for KPIs and metrics used for data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Voice-related tools and systems, to include call monitoring, and tools for network health. The senior voice engineer will need to have extensive experience using network and system test tools for emulating client and server endpoints and impairments.
- Cloud and hybrid network design, scalability of solution and lifecycle management of all associated elements. They will work directly with customers, vendors, and provide support for operations escalations.
- Proven track-record for successfully solving mission critical technical problems in extremely fast paced business environments
- Outstanding leadership, project management, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Polished oral and written communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and internal staff regardless of their backgrounds and abilities to comprehend complex technical content
- Very highly motivated with a strong sense of personal accountability
Fill out the form below to apply for this job
Expertise & experience
- Design, test, certification and implementation of Ribbon SBC7K hardware and software SWe instance.
- Virtualization VNF, VM application design, instantiation and management, this is to include but not limited to, public/private cloud, VMware/KVM, virtual host management, backup and disaster recovery.
- SAN/VSAN implementations and migration planning.
- Complex routing and migration strategies for voice and media traffic on Ribbon SBC7K.
- Design, implementation and support of various voice signaling protocols (TCP/UDP – SIP, SIP-I, TLS, SIP REFER,)
- Design, implementation and support of Voice media (RTP/SRTP) – RTP stream and audio analysis
- Voice codecs, call leg codec interoperability and troubleshooting (G711u/alaw, G729, G722.1 others)
- Enhanced services design, implementation and troubleshooting (CNAM, LRN, Tollfree, STIR/SHAKEN)
- Data analysis (ELK, Splunk, Wazuh, syslog, CDR/ADR)
- Systems – Call flow analysis using pcap, wireshark, Empirix. Network emulation and impairment testing.
- Configuration management and control experience.
- Test case development, execution and automation (TestRail, Valid8, SIPp, NodeRed)
- Familiarity with network monitoring and alerting tools and dashboards (Wazuh, Xenoss, Zabix, EMS FM, Solarwinds, Observium,)
- Change management and training (1) writing detailed Maintenance Operations Procedures for network platform changes (2) remotely guiding technicians to perform physical work (3) equipping NOC with documentation and formal instructional sessions (4) collaborate in Change Management meetings (5) conduct daily audits of change management software outputs
- Work extensively in collaboration with other engineering teams on design specifications. Work with engineering and product teams to derive network requirements and provide appropriate guidance as it pertains to voice network.
- Develop and manage projects and implementation strategies for network development and POC work.
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux shell scripting