San Mateo, CA
About the position
The Senior Accountant will report to our Assistant Controller in the interim. This position is expected to manage multiple projects at a time, assess impacts of new accounting pronouncements, research accounting guidance, draft and maintain accounting policies, and implement the adoption of new accounting standards. This role will be a combination of both technical and operational accounting. Ideal candidates will have public accounting and industry experience, preferably with software as a service experience and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
This position may have access to Protected Data. Protected Data is sensitive information, usually client or client customer data that reveals personally identifiable information, or health, or financial information.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Controller (interim); SEC Reporting Manager
- Provide technical accounting analysis and document conclusions around accounting positions for a variety of topics (e.g., revenue recognition, equity transaction, consolidation, goodwill/intangibles, and business combination accounting)
- Research and determine appropriate accounting treatment for any new transactions or business initiatives.
- Assess the impact of new accounting pronouncements and assist with any company-specific implementation.
- Prepare data and other supporting information requests as needed for quarterly reviews and annual financial statement audits conducted by our external auditing firm.
- Assist with SOX compliance efforts and planning processes and the risk assessment meeting of internal controls over financial reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline required
Fill out the form below to apply for this job
Experience & expertise
- CPA license preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred, but not required
- At least three years of related experience
- Knowledge of SEC rules and regulations, auditing practices, and principles
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (oral and written) required
- Strong project and time management skills with an ability to set and maintain priorities to meet deadlines.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks and be adaptable to change.
- Strong initiative, self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful