SEC Reporting Manager
San Mateo, CA
About the position
As an integral member of our Accounting Team, the SEC Reporting Manager is responsible for all external and SEC financial reporting requirements of the Company, such as the 10-Qs, S-8’s and 10-Ks. This position will play a critical role in all technical accounting areas, including stock-based compensation, debt, equity, as well as the implementation of new standards and other compliance matters. Ideal candidates will have public accounting and industry experience, preferably with software as a service experience and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
This position may have access to Protected Data. Protected Data is sensitive information, usually a client or client customer data that reveal personally identifiable information, or health, or financial information.
REPORTS TO: Corporate Controller
- Prepare and file SEC Forms 3, 4, 5, 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy, as applicable; review XBRL tagging of IntelePeer’s financial statements and footnotes
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and integrity of the company’s financial statements in accordance with the US GAAP and SEC Reporting standards, including preparing financial statements and drafting disclosures and MD&A for both annual and quarterly financial statements
- Collaborate with appropriate departments for the preparation of the non-financial sections of SEC Form 10-Q, 10-K, proxy and 8-K
- Benchmark disclosures against industry peers’ filings
- Prepare monthly reconciliation for significant accounts, such as stock-based compensation-related calculations and resulting journal entries, as needed
- Proactively identify, research, and draft technical memos on significant accounting pronouncements and interpret guidance on complex accounting matters, company transactions, and initiatives.
- Assist in managing the annual SOX planning process and the risk assessment meeting of internal controls over financial reporting; draft and/or formalize policies processes and controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline required
Fill out the form below to apply for this job
Experience & expertise
- CPA & Big 4 experience
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience in public accounting or software-as-a-service (SaaS)
- Experience with US GAAP & SEC reporting
- Highly proficient with Excel and overall M/S Office proficiency
- Demonstrated professional commitment, initiative, accountability, and ownership of assignments
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment and adept at handling complex issues
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with experience in working toward tight deadlines
- Experience growing a department preferred but not required
- Experience with SOX 404 and internal control over financial reporting
- Experience with Workiva and XBRL
- Experience with system implementations, preferred but not required
- Thorough understanding of the SEC Reporting process and timeline
- Proficiency in assigned areas including the accounting treatment of underlying transactions and how they impact the financial statements
- Establishing working relationships with stakeholders
- Being pro-active with attacking problems and identifying solutions, displaying initiative and openness to new ideas.
- Demonstrated history of successfully achieving goals, objectives, and high performance to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in analytical skills and ability to complete assignments with accuracy and attention to detail.
- High integrity, decisive work ethic and the passion to succeed
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written formats, as well as excellent listening skills.