Bid Response Specialist
About the position
As a key member of our Sales Team, the Bid Response Specialist will source procurement opportunities and lead the preparation and submission of winning proposals. The Bid Response Specialist will assess applicability and work with cross-functional proposal team members to help respond to Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotations (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFIs) and manage the proposal development process to ensure on-time delivery of compelling, compliant, and well-written. responses to drive increased win rates.
Reports To: Director, Sales Enablement
Key requirements for success in this position include:
- Demonstrated writing skills, be both technical and analytical, and possess 3+ years of capture/proposal management experience supporting proposal responses to RFP opportunities
- A background with government contracting officials, systems integrators, and GPO’s
- Excellent communication skills and strong work ethic as a self-motivated team player.
- Working as a leading coordinator for the team you are supporting.
- Multitasking and staying organized in day-to-day tasks
- Interacting daily with customers and employees at all organizational levels
- Understanding IntelePeer’s product set and the competition.
- Customer-focused and self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
- Staying focused on the end goal while operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Intake and review RFP’s, RFQ’s, and RFI’s via various means: direct inbound, review of gov’t RFP repositories, sales team, etc.…
- Execute the bid/no-bid process and RFP response plan while working with key internal stakeholders/subject matter experts (e.g., sales, technical team, marketing, service teams, legal, contracts, infosec, finance, etc.).
- Plan winning themes, value propositions, strengths, risk reducers, and differentiated solutions to the initial proposal outline.
- Work closely with Sales, Solution Engineering, Product & Marketing to formulate a winning strategy and theme and ensure messaging is articulated throughout the proposal.
- Maintain, augment and improve the library of reusable components, templates, and processes.
- Know and understand the company’s profit margins to deliver input on optimal pricing on each bid.
- Understand the competition and how IntelePeer can strongly differentiate across responses
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and sound bids.
- Participate in sales meetings where necessary.
- Ensure consistent branding and messaging across all bids.
- Work with sales and marketing to develop value propositions to be used in bids.
- Analyze winning and losing bids to derive root causes and ascertain best practices, and derive where improvements are needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
Fill out the form below to apply for this job
Expertise & experience
- 3+ years experience in a bid response or similar role.
- Experience in the SaaS with an understanding of Cloud-based communications, SIP trunking for the enterprise, and the Contact Center market.
- Proficient in Microsoft functions (word, excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Salesforce, Webex, and Cisco Webex Teams.
- Proven experience and capability in delivering winning opportunities with complex pricing strategies.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Willing and able to accommodate travel when needed
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Positive, professional attitude
- Strong initiative, self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Team player who is willing to go above and beyond to help others
- Quality- and customer-service driven to consistently delight customers