Regulatory Affairs Manager
Any location or remote
About the position
We are looking for an experienced Regulatory Affairs Manager to ensure our company’s adherence to legal obligations and internal policies, associated with telephony regulation and government contracting. As part of IntelePeer’s comprehensive compliance program, this position will have primary responsibility for diligently identifying and tracking IntelePeer’s compliance obligations, as well as developing and managing the resulting compliance initiatives consistent with corporate governance best practices in a high-growth, fast-paced environment. These responsibilities involve collaborating with our internal organizations and outside counsel to ensure the company properly satisfies global, federal, and state requirements related to telephony regulation, but will also assist with related projects for information security and government contracting.
REPORTS TO: Director, HR
- Research and track for key federal and state regulatory requirements for the company to provide its services in the jurisdictions we serve
- Develop, implement, and oversee internal control systems, programs and policies to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and policies
- Evaluate the ongoing efficiency of the controls, and recommend effective improvement on non-conformity issues or identified risks
- Create and conduct general and role-specific training on the programs to our employees
- Prepare and submit ongoing compliance filings and notices
- Perform periodic audits on company procedures and processes.
Fill out the form below to apply for this job
- At least 5 years of supporting compliance management, or similar position, in the telecommunications industry required
- Certified compliance professional or paralegal preferred
- Experience with consulting cross-functional teams on minimizing risk associated with regulatory matters in a growth company
- Knowledge of the U.S. regulatory environment for IP telephony, including VoIP registrations, reporting obligations, robocalling compliance, emergency services, and CPNI certifications, is a must, while familiarity with governmental contracting helpful.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, while maintaining confidentiality
- Works autonomously, efficiently, and collaboratively to manage priorities and problem-solving with quick turn-around expectations
- Results-driven and takes initiative to go above and beyond to address issues and help others with a positive, professional attitude