San Mateo, CA
About the position
As a key member of our Finance Team, you will be responsible for identifying opportunities for cost reduction and margin improvement, working with internal and external partners to secure the appropriate cost structure, and supporting the implementation and tracking the benefits.
A total package of qualities to be successful in the role will include strong financial acumen, data analysis, cross-functional collaboration, and project management skills to make swift, yet informed decisions.
The Margin Analyst will be able to explain actual margin results as well as have the knowledge of the business to provide reasonably accurate gross margin forecasts.
- Create analytics by leveraging existing Price and Cost reporting to identify margin opportunities.
- Develop a deep understanding of IntelePeer’s product pricing and costing systems and processes to provide the best short and long-term solutions and forecasts.
- Analyze customer margins to identify trends and discrepancies on a daily, monthly, and annual basis.
- Review weekly and monthly customer and vendor statistics for performance and financial issues.
- Partner and effectively communicate with sales, product, vendor, and internal Finance team members to identify and resolve margin issues.
- Generate root cause analyses and provide recommendations on overall process improvements.
- Review and/or develop audit reports to assist in identifying margin inconsistencies.
- Attain a working knowledge of software and telecommunication costs as well as customer and vendor contracts.
The ideal candidate will have skill and experience in some or all the following areas:
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business or Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience creating reporting and analyses.
- 3+ years of experience sharing insights with business leadership.
- High degree of computer literacy; proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – with a strong emphasis on Excel.
- Business Intelligence (BI) experience preferred.
- Experience writing SQL statements.
- Previous experience using database tables and other software tools to develop complex data models.
- Experienced in understanding cost accounting, audit concepts, and data analysis.
- Possess strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and the ability to balance multiple tactical, operational, and strategic tasks at once.
- Logical thinker, capable of thinking beyond current processes and the ability to assimilate new techniques.
- Proven analytical ability spanning multiple internal business operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work equally well under supervision and independently.
- Strong data mining and analytical skills.
- Proven problem-solving.