Manager, Business Development
Any location or remote
About the position
IntelePeer delivers an omnichannel communication platform as a service (CPaaS) built for the enterprise. We believe that business communications are meant for more than just simple interactions they should enable businesses to deliver truly delightful experiences. IntelePeer is looking for an experienced Manager, Business Development with success in driving and delivering on pipeline and funnel growth for net new accounts. This position will lead a team of Business Development Reps that will create and qualify opportunities for the Account Executive team by targeting key accounts. This position will partner with our Marketing team to build a tailored engagement strategy throughout the buyer journey to deliver qualified opportunities to sales. A proven track record for coaching and developing a high-performing Business Development team.
REPORTS TO: SVP, Digital Sales
- Train and develop the skills of the Business Development Representatives.
- Grow a sales pipeline through SalesLoft cadences and leveraging ABM outreach.
- Run and manage sales cadences that focus on core metrics of pipeline/funnel growth, campaign success, and whitespace penetration.
- Drive a strong funnel growth that leads to Won revenue.
- Partner with Marketing to develop an effective outreach strategy for messaging and all outbound communications.
- Deliver on KPI metrics for the team that will measure success.
- Work closely with the leadership team to identify key company accounts to develop for net new business.
- Analyze cadences with an eye towards continual improvement and up-to-date messaging, by buyer persona and by industry.
- Manage the Business Development team to drive the new logo pipeline/funnel by delivering qualified opportunities.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge in the offerings, along with financial benefits and selling skills, that can be applied to opportunities across the offerings.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the sales processes, techniques, and tools. Examples of this include, but are not limited to, opportunity/territory management, cost justification, solution benefit selling, and social selling.
- Effectively help sellers negotiate with multiple levels of customer management, resulting in the successful closing of the sale.
- Anticipate complex problems relating to offerings, customer sales engagements, and sales results.
- Provide regular updates to management regarding opportunities, trends, and challenges.
- Maintain effective communication across key departments and senior leadership team.
- Lead Business Development team to meet and/or exceed monthly and quarterly quota objectives.
- Demonstrate operational excellence through the disciplined management of key performance indicators, streamlining of processes, and optimized resource deployment to improve pipeline yields and drive seller productivity.
- Responsible for recruitment, performance management, retention, skill-enhancement, and training.
- Drive superior sales performance through coaching.
- Understands SaaS sales and sales of reoccurring revenue models.
- Ensure accurate record-keeping and reporting in Salesforce and SalesLoft.
- Lead the team to deliver on-time completeness of cadence steps in SalesLoft.
- Ability to manage internal sales tools.
Fill out the form below to apply for this job
Expertise & experience
- 3+ years in Business Development Manager\Leadership role.
- Experience managing and improving KPIs.
- Experience with running sales cadences; SalesLoft experience preferred.
- Proven track record of success as an SDR/BDR manager.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM tools.
- Experience with facilitating training and meetings.
- 10% – 25 % travel is required.
- High competency in mentoring and coach new Business Development Representatives.
- Ability to train, mentor, and coach individuals at various stages of development.
- Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on active listening, presentation, oral, and abstract reasoning.
- Strong project and time management skills with an ability to set and maintain priorities to meet deadlines.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks and be adaptable to change.
- Strong initiative, self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful.
- Team player who is willing to go above and beyond to help others.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related area